A large crop of peas often puts the hostess in difficulty, because I want to keep such a valuable product for a long time. It is possible to do this in two ways - canning and freezing. The second method is simpler, but only in cans of polka dots acquires that amazing taste, so loved by adults and children. There is one difficulty, because at home it is quite difficult to achieve perfect sterilization, and this vegetable, if not properly preserved, can become no less dangerous than mushrooms or fish. There is a way out, but only for housewives with an autoclave on hand. How to preserve green peas in an autoclave and what recipes are better to use?
The basic rules of canning pea autoclave
- Suitable for canning peas at the stage of incomplete maturity. A solid, overripe vegetable is not used for long-term storage in banks - neither taste, nor useful qualities will please.
- After collecting the products, it must be immediately sent to banks, it is recommended to store whole pods up to 10 hours, and finished peas - up to 3 hours. If the recipe does not require the opposite, then the product should be blanched in hot but not boiling water for several minutes, followed by cooling in ice.
- Glass containers are not completely filled; it is necessary to leave a few centimeters to the top of the can.
- The syrup should be boiling, with the addition of the necessary spices, sugar.
- Sterilization of small containers (half-liter containers) - 40 minutes at a maximum temperature of 120 degrees. It is not worth taking a large container for canning at home.
Natural peas: a step by step recipe
Such canning completely preserves the taste of the product, which is especially important in the preparation of soups or salads. According to this recipe, you can prepare beans for the winter, corn will also be perfectly preserved for a long time. The only caveat - the beans must be thoroughly soaked with cold water.
- 900 g green peas;
- 900 ml of water;
- 20 g of sugar;
- 20 g of kitchen salt.
- Put peas in a colander, rinse thoroughly under a stream of cold water.
- Pour into a saucepan, pour cold water, send for cooking.
- After boiling pour in salt and sugar. With a weak boil, continue to cook for half an hour.
- Put strained peas with a colander in clean containers, trying to do it as tightly as possible.
- Fold cheesecloth in several layers, strain the liquid in which the peas were cooked.
- Pour the filled container with filtered liquid.
- It will take 30 minutes to sterilize in an autoclave, and then carefully release steam using mittens (there is a risk of burning yourself), cool and put into the basement for storage.
Peas and beans - delicious preservation in an autoclave for a winter salad
An autoclave is an excellent device that will help the hostess to stock up ingredients for a New Year’s salad without much hassle. Adding any meat (smoked, boiled, sausage) and vegetables, seasoned with aromatic sauce, you get the perfect dish. Preservation with peas will help, if there are difficulties with the side dish, because green grains and beans are perfectly combined with meat and fish.
- 280 g of beans;
- 360 g peas;
- 15 g of salt (without iodine).
- Prepare beans and peas for preservation - peel and rinse several times.
- In individual stewpots, pour vegetables with cold water (cover the top layer of grains with liquid a little) and send to the stove, cook over low heat.
- Arrange almost ready-made grains in containers made of glass (clean and hot), pour 5 g of salt into one jar (with a value of 0.3 l). Top up with boiling water and gently shake, removing air bubbles. Seal tightly with tin covers.
- Place containers with peas and beans in an autoclave, pour hot water. Preparing for conservation 45 min.
- After taking out the containers with vegetables from the autoclave, wait for cooling, check for leaks (by scrolling the cover several times with your fingers) and put in a cool room.
A simple recipe for canned peas in an autoclave
A wonderful addition to various dishes.
Children especially like peas for this recipe.
- 50 g of sugar;
- 980 ml of water;
- 40 g of salt.
- Boil the milky peas after washing for half an hour.
- Fit tightly in sterilized containers.
- Boil the marinade for several minutes, pour a spoonful of vinegar into each container, and then add the marinade (boiling). Lids to cork.
- After sending the filled containers to the autoclave, pour water.
- Sterilization should take place at 110 degrees, after which you need to stop raising the temperature.
- After 6 minutes, turn off the device, wait for the cans to cool, then carefully remove and take out in the cold.
"Like in the store"
The workpiece is identical to shop peas. If the pea crop pleased, you can stock up on a wonderful product for the whole year.
- 520 g peas;
- 25 ml of vinegar;
- 65 g of salt;
- 700 ml of water (preferably from a well).
- Bring water to a strong boil in a saucepan, immediately pour salt.
- After the salt crystals dissolve, pour peas into the stewpan.
- With a weak boil, boil the peas for half an hour. Arrange in small containers.
- Pour in vinegar, boiling marinade. To cork.
- Sterilization takes 7 minutes in an autoclave. After cooling directly in the device, carefully remove the containers with peas, carefully check the quality of the corking.
Refrigerate or refrigerate.
Peas and corn - the perfect combination in canning
For preserving corn with peas, it is better to take unripened grains at the stage of milk maturity. Only they are able to preserve most vitamins, and the taste of preservation is really delicious! The autoclave will allow you to cope with the workpiece perfectly - quickly and conveniently.
- 480 g of corn;
- 480 g peas;
- 24 g of salt.
- Prepare the ingredients - peas to get rid of pods, and corn cobs - from numerous "clothes". Boil peas and corn for half an hour (in separate containers).
- Send the peas to the jars (0.5 l each) hot, cool the cobs a little, hull the grains and send them also in containers. Shake glass jars several times to mix the grains.
- Pour salt into each container (divide the entire amount into 3 cans).
- Boil water, pour vegetables. After capping, place containers with colored grains in an autoclave, add the required amount of hot water and cook for 55-60 minutes.
- Set on a flat surface, after complete cooling, take to the basement.
The recipe is universal, for such a workpiece you can even use a frozen product, provided that we preserve immediately after we got it out of the freezer. If the product thawed at room temperature, it is better not to risk the health of loved ones and not waste time - peas are no longer suitable, we will send it to other dishes, even an autoclave will not help here.
- 1 kg 700 g peas;
- 30 g of sugar;
- 30 g of salt;
- 1 liter of 500 ml of well water.
- Carefully sort the peas, damaged by pests immediately remove. It happens that the peas are slightly wrinkled or even began to deteriorate - immediately throw them away.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil salt with water and sugar.
- Add peas to boiling liquid. If you are using a frozen product, send it to the pan immediately from the freezer.
- Cook the peas for 35 minutes, drain the liquid through several gauze layers in a small saucepan and put on the fire again.
- Put the peas in a container of glass, pour the marinade here (after boiling), cover with lids.
- Sterilization takes place in an autoclave for 5 minutes. Wait for the containers with peas to cool, remove, check the quality of the corking, place in a place with a cool temperature.
- During sterilization in an autoclave, make sure that the containers with peas do not touch the walls with each other. Hot steam needs to be free to fill all empty space.
- After the containers have been removed from the device, check the tightness of the closure. The covers should be pulled in a little. Also put the container upside down on a paper sheet. If liquid does not leak, the paper will remain dry and clean.
- It happens that the autoclave pressure gauge shows incorrect data. To prevent such a nuisance, you should periodically check it.
- Even perfectly sealed lids can leak over time. If damaged capping is detected, use the product immediately. If there is an unpleasant odor or cloudy precipitate, immediately throw out the peas.
- Green peas are a whimsical product, the slightest mistake in cooking will certainly turn into a big problem in the form of an exploded container. Replacing vinegar in recipes with citric acid will help to slightly reduce the risk. Such an additive will perfectly preserve vegetables for a long period, make them more tasty. How much acid to add to a small container? Enough half a teaspoon.
- When canning in production, special devices are used for quick cooling of containers with peas. Thanks to this process, procurement is stored for a long time.
At home, it will not be possible to quickly cool filled containers, but canned food exposed on a wooden surface in a cold room will cool much faster than in a warm kitchen.
Autoclave pea tasting (video)
Despite the very high cost of the autoclave, it is worth buying, because with the help of such a useful device, the preservation of meat, fish, stewed fruits is simple and fast, while preserving all the useful properties of the products. If the family likes dishes with corn, peas or beans, here also you can not do without a valuable device. It’s great that you can put a lot of cans in the autoclave, which makes preservation even easier. The only negative is that it is inconvenient to sterilize large containers in it, then you can not do without the traditional process in the pan.