What to do if you have the opportunity to pickle broccoli for the winter? How to choose the best from a huge number of recipes? This article lists the 5 best recipes with broccoli, which will not leave indifferent any gourmet.
As a rule, for preservation, you need to choose ripe cabbage, but on the market you can often buy a slightly ripened cabbage. Sellers specifically try to sell just such as not to worry about a spoiled product. In order for the cabbage to mature, you need to put it in a sunny place, where it will pick up all the missing vitamins.
The simplest harvest of asparagus cabbage for the winter
Ingredients for Marinade:
- vinegar 9% - 120 grams;
- sunflower oil - 120 grams;
- salt - 4.5 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 8.5 tbsp. l .;
- peppercorns - a small handful;
- bay leaf - a few pieces.
- broccoli cabbage - 900 grams;
- carrots - 6-7 pieces;
- fresh garlic - 3-4 heads;
- parsley - a few twigs.
- Divide broccoli into twigs, wash thoroughly, cut off excess stems.
- Boil one and a half liters of water, adding alternately all the ingredients of the marinade, reduce the heat to a minimum, boil for about 7-9 minutes, sometimes stirring.
- Prepare cans of 0.7 or 0.5 l for sterilization, sterilize.
- In sterilized jars, carefully place the broccoli divided into inflorescences.
- Add to the jars of small carrots, cut into pieces, 4-5 garlic cloves, 1-2 parsley leaves.
- Pour the marinade over the ingredients.
- Banks should be closed with screw caps, wrapped in a blanket, left for 2-3 days.
In order to surprise loved ones with the pleasant aroma of pickled broccoli, you can add more parsley to the jars: both green sprigs and the roots of this wonderful plant.
Autumn Salad Recipe
- broccoli cabbage - 0.8 kg;
- carrot - 0.8 kg;
- sweet bell pepper - 0.8 kg;
- cucumbers - 0.8 kg;
- large onions - 7-8 pieces;
- garlic - 5 large heads;
- vinegar 9% - 170 g;
- sugar - 50 g;
- salt - 40 g;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- peppercorns - 15-20 pieces.
- Wash the vegetables, divide the cabbage into inflorescences, prepare a large container, pour the cabbage into it.
- Chop the cucumbers in circles, add to the cabbage.
- Peel the onion, cut into rings or half rings, place on already chopped vegetables.
- Peel the garlic and set aside in a separate small bowl.
- Peel the carrots, cut into circles or small strips.
- Peel the seeds from the seeds, chop with straws.
- Put 3 l of water on the fire, add all the spices.
- Sterilize the cans of 0.7 L, spread all the vegetables on them, add a few garlic cloves, a few sprigs of parsley.
- Pour in boiling marinade and roll up.
- After the workpieces have cooled, they can be moved to a cool place.
To let the salad in the banks look more appetizing, you can use multi-colored sweet peppers. If the recipe assumes the presence of tomatoes, then it is better to get them in different colors.
Bell Pepper Broccoli Salad
- broccoli cabbage - 600 g;
- cauliflower - 600 g;
- sweet pepper - 600 g;
- fresh garlic - 1 large head;
- sugar - 2, 5 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2.5 tbsp. l .;
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tbsp. l in each jar;
- citric acid - 1 3 tsp.
- Wash vegetables, cauliflower, broccoli divided into twigs.
- Boil 1.2 liters of water, pour citric acid.
- Dip broccoli and cauliflower in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Bell pepper cut into strips.
- First drop a little cauliflower in the washed jars, then broccoli, and pepper on top. Finely chop 5-7 cloves of garlic and dip into jars.
- Boil 1 liter of pure water, add spices.
- Pour the marinade to vegetables, add 2 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar.
- Sterilize the jars for 15 minutes, then close and put in heat.
This salad is better to lay out in small jars, usually one can of 300 ml is enough for 3 people.
Winter harvest with broccoli and tomatoes
- cauliflower - 1.5 kg;
- broccoli - 1.5 kg;
- ripe tomatoes - 1.5 kg;
- sweet pepper - 1.5 kg;
- fresh garlic - 1 head;
- fresh parsley - 1 bunch;
- sunflower oil - 250 g;
- sugar - 150 g;
- salt - 50 g;
- vinegar 9% - 110 g.
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
- Cauliflower and broccoli divided into inflorescences, boil some water, pour broccoli and cauliflower into it for 3-4 minutes, then remove and set aside to dry.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces and pass through a meat grinder or blender.
- Peel the bell peppers from the seeds and cut into small strips.
- All ingredients except cabbage, put in a large container, pour water. Wait for simmering, add all other spices and vegetables, except vinegar.
- Pour vinegar and finely chopped parsley a couple of minutes before the end. Leave on low heat for another 7-8 minutes.
- Arrange the salad in pre-sterilized jars.
Banks need to be kept warm for 2 days.
With gooseberries and asparagus
To prepare it, you need only 3 main ingredients:
- broccoli cabbage - 0.9 g;
- asparagus beans - 0.9 g;
- gooseberry berries - 0.3 g;
- bay leaves - 2 pcs.;
- vinegar - 140 g;
- sugar - 50 g;
- salt - 35 g;
- sprigs of dill - a few pieces.
How to cook:
- Wash vegetables and berries well.
- Broccoli cabbage divided into inflorescences, cut asparagus beans into strips 5-6 cm long.
- Blanch the vegetables individually in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, and then leave them to dry.
- Prepare the marinade: pour salt, sugar, bay leaves into a liter of boiling water, and vinegar at the very end.
- Tightly lay vegetables in jars, cover with gooseberries.
- Add fill, tighten the lid tightly, leave in a warm place for several days.
Mushroom broccoli: a step by step recipe
The main ingredients:
- broccoli cabbage - 0.7 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0.7 kg;
- salt - 30 g;
- sugar - 80 g;
- vinegar - 100 g;
- peppercorns - 15-17 pcs.
- Broccoli and mushrooms must be thoroughly washed, divided into inflorescences, cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Dip all the vegetables in boiling water, remove the cabbage after 3-4 minutes., Mushrooms after 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the vegetables to dry out from excess water.
- Prepare the marinade: for 1 liter of boiling water you will need all bulk ingredients.
- After the vegetables are placed in jars, they need to be poured with hot pouring and immediately screw the lids on the jars.
Harvesting for the winter: broccoli salads (video)
As you can see, cooking canned salads with broccoli is not difficult. It is important to keep all the vitamins that contain vegetables safe and sound. And the less heat the vegetables undergo, the more vitamins are retained.