The classic recipe for preserving apricot compote
The sweet taste of these fruits will remind everyone of the summer.
The recipe for a drink includes:
- sugar (a proportion of 1 cup per 3-liter jar is taken);
- Rinse the apricots thoroughly.
- To take out the bones or not is everyone's business. Compote will be equally tasty. With whole fruits, it will be transparent.
- Prepare jars of the required capacity. Often, compote is closed in a three-liter container. Sterilization of cans affects the quality of preservation.
- Apricots need to be arranged so that they make up a third of the can.
- Pour boiling water without filling the jar to the brim, leaving room for sugar. Hold the liquid in jars for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water into a large pot and add sugar in the required proportion. The syrup should boil, and the sugar in it should completely dissolve.
- Pour liquid into a jar to the edge and roll up the lid. If there is not enough water, you need to add it from a boiling kettle. Within 12 hours after preservation, containers with compote should be upside down under the blanket.
- When the drink has cooled, it can be stored at room temperature.
Apricots must be ripe. If the fruit is not ripe, the compote will be bitter, and if it is ripe, the liquid will become cloudy, although it tastes good.
Preserving apricot compote with apples: a step by step recipe
Often at the time of the collection of apricots sour apples are already ripening. They perfectly complement the compote.
To preserve such a drink in a three-liter jar, you must take:
- 1-2 apples (mostly sweet and sour);
- 300-400 g ripe hard apricots;
- 1.5-2 cups of sugar (to taste).
- Prepare sterile jars and wash the fruits.
- Apples and apricots can be cut into slices, but this is not necessary.
- Arrange the fruit in three-liter jars.
- Preparation of syrup: completely dissolve sugar in water, bring the liquid to a boil. Put sugar to taste: if apples are too sour, you can put more.
- Pour jars of fruit with boiling water and let them brew for at least 10 minutes. After pouring the liquid back into the pan.
- We bring the syrup to a boil and finally pour it into the cans, roll up the lid. The conservation of the first day is better to store upside down. This will also allow you to check the tightness of the containers.
Syrup is recommended to cook, stirring, in an enamel pan. In another container, it can burn.
Superb Apricot Fanta Recipe
Such compote is at times more useful than carbonated liquids, and is also saturated with vitamins. A drink made from apricots and oranges will suit well with any festive table.
For a 3-liter container, you can take the following proportions of ingredients:
- ripe apricots - about 300-400 g;
- 7 slices of medium-sized orange;
- 1 cup sugar (200 g);
- juice of fresh lemon or 4 g of citric acid.
To preserve compote, and in winter to enjoy a pleasant drink, you must:
- Wash fruits, cut apricots into 2 parts and remove seeds. Cut oranges into slices.
- Fill 1/3 of the glass jar with apricot halves. Then add slices of orange with zest, sugar and citric acid.
- Then pour boiling water and cover. Sterilize the jar over low heat in a water bath for at least half an hour.
- Roll up the lid, turn the jar over and wrap it with a blanket for 12 hours.
Compote "Fanta" has a pleasant taste and unusual aroma. All family members will like the drink.
Refreshing drink: compote recipe with apricots and mint
The secret ingredient is mint. Just one bunch of this plant will completely change the taste of the usual apricot compote.
For conservation it is necessary:
- sugar - one and a half cups (per 3 l);
- mint - 1 bunch;
- citric acid - 1 tsp.
Stages of cooking:
- It is necessary to thoroughly wash the fruits and peel them. Mint also needs to be washed and it is desirable to separate the leaves from the stem.
- Prepare three-liter jars, sterilize them and lids.
- In each container, put peeled apricots on a third of the container.
- Pour boiling water by filling it with a jar halfway. Pour sugar and citric acid there, let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Add boiling water to the end of the jar and roll up. Wrap in a warm blanket, leave for 2 days.
Mint is allowed to be replaced with lemon balm, and citric acid with juice or natural lemon peel.
Assorted: recipe for compote with apricots and berries
You can cook compote from a variety of gifts of nature. At one time, cherries, raspberries and apricots ripen. From this ensemble you can prepare a delicious drink for the winter. Everyone will enjoy the harmony of tastes.
On a 3 liter jar you need:
- cherry - 200 g;
- raspberries - 100 g;
- apricots - 300 g;
- 7 tbsp. l Sahara.
The winter recipe is simple:
- Wash and peel all fruits and berries from seeds, leaves.
- Choose a suitable container for compote. Depends on how many cans you plan to close. In warm water you need to add fruit.
- Bring the drink to a boil.
- It is necessary to remove the foam. The remaining debris and insects accumulate in it.
- Let the liquid boil for 2-5 minutes (apricots should be soft, but not boiled). Add sugar and turn off the heat.
- Place boiling water and fruits in sterile jars, roll up the lids, turn upside down and wrap a warm blanket for a day.
Preservation of apricot compote with currant
The big problem with many housewives is sterilization. Large-capacity cookware is needed in which syrup is cooked and cans are processed. This process can be avoided: in this recipe, fruits are canned in their own juice.
You can prepare any fruit, but you should definitely try a combination of currants and apricots.
Composition for 1 can:
- 700 g of apricots;
- 800 g of golden currant;
- a glass of sugar;
- 3 g of citric acid;
How to do:
- Peel berries and fruits from seeds and twigs. If apricots are poorly cleaned, you can preserve them whole.
- Prepare sterilized jars.
- Bring the water to a boil, and gently drop the fruit into a saucepan in a colander. Enough 4 times for 10 seconds.
- Separately, in a clean bowl, blanch currant and apricot berries.
- Then you need to put everything in a three-liter jar so that the fruits occupy the third part.
- For syrup, put citric acid and sugar in water, boil. Then pour fruit in banks, roll up, wrap for a day in a warm blanket.
Apricot compote preservation: recipe without can sterilization
Easy options for the preparation of winter compote from apricots are those for which cooking jars are not necessary to sterilize. One of the most common recipes has long been a recipe for compote with the addition of rum.
To prepare a fragrant drink, the hostesses are stocked with the ingredients:
- 3 kilograms of dense ripe apricots;
- kilogram of sugar;
- one and a half liters of water;
The way to prepare a drink for the winter:
- Apricots are sorted and washed thoroughly in cold water.
- Blanch in boiling water in small batches for three minutes, after which the fruits are immediately placed in cold water.
- Peel the apricots, remove the seeds, put the halves in prepared sterile containers of glass (1 liter).
- In an enameled bowl, syrup is made from water and sugar, and the fruits are poured into a jar with boiling syrup.
- A tablespoon of rum is added to each container.
- Roll up, wrap up to cool.
If small children grow in the house, it will be enough to limit yourself to a teaspoon of rum in each liter jar. In this case, rum will give a subtle flavor to the finished dish.
Seedless Apricot Compote Recipe
For those who prefer seedless fruits and an extra special aroma in the compote, chefs recommend using the recipe for preserving the compote from halves of apricots with honey.
For this preparation should be prepared:
- 3 kilograms of dense ripe apricots;
- 2 liters of water;
- 750 gr. honey.
- Apricots are sorted, cleaned and thoroughly washed in cold water.
- Fruits are gently cut along, removing the seed.
- Prepared apricots are placed in sterile jars, poured with boiling water, left for a quarter of an hour.
- After the lapse of time, the liquid is drained, honey is added to it based on the recommended ratio and the mixture is boiled again.
- Apricots are poured with syrup in jars, rolled up, corked.
Store preservation preferably in a cool place. Shelf life depends on the conditions: the cooler the place where the compote is located, the longer it retains its aromas and nutritional value.
Canning stewed apricots and plums
Compote assortment for the winter made from apricots and plums is special and aromatic. This drink should be prepared from whole fruits, without removing from a bone, which significantly reduces the shelf life. Culinary experts do not recommend storing such compotes for more than one year, so you should not cook them in large quantities.
Apricot-plum assortment is prepared from the following ingredients:
- 10 dense ripe apricots;
- 15 small oval plums of sour varieties;
- 400 gr. Sahara;
- 2 l 700 ml of water.
- The fruits are sorted, washed thoroughly and dried on a paper towel.
- Plums and apricots in 1/3 cans are placed in prepared sterile containers.
- The water is brought to a boil and the fruit is poured into it in a jar, covered with lids and left for 7 minutes.
- The liquid is poured into an enameled container, sugar is added, mixed.
- After boiling, re-fill the fruits with syrup, roll up the lids, and close until cool.
Such a drink is stored for no more than a year in a cool room. After opening the jar, fruits can be eaten for dessert, you can add them to any dish: jelly, pies, fruit salads. Compote according to this recipe turns out to be sweet, so the chefs allow it to be bred before drinking clean water.
Apricot compote (video)
At home, creating an atmosphere of summer is easy. You just need to be patient and recipes for preserving berries and fruits. Apricot compote is liked by both adults and children. It can be drunk both during the day and served on the festive table.